MINUTES OF PROCEEDINGS
Vol. 1, No. 62 Session 1
Meeting of the Parliament
Wednesday 22 March 2000
Note: (DT) signifies a decision taken at Decision Time.
The meeting opened at 2.30 pm.
1. Time for Reflection: The Reverend Daniel J McLoughlin, Parish Priest, St Francis, Port Glasgow, led Time for Reflection
2. Oath or Affirmation: William John Graham Scott took the oath of allegiance before the Clerk.
3. Standards in Scotlands Schools etc. Bill: The Minister for Children and Education moved S1M-532That the Parliament agrees to the general principles of the Standards in Scotlands Schools etc. Bill.
After debate, the motion was agreed to ((DT) by division: For 88, Against 19, Abstentions 1).
4. Standards in Scotlands Schools etc. Bill: The Minister for Parliament moved S1M-460That the Parliament, for the purposes of any Act of the Scottish Parliament resulting from the Standards in Scotlands Schools etc. Bill, agrees to the following expenditure out of the Scottish Consolidated Fund
The motion was agreed to.
5. Decision Time: The Parliament took decisions on items 3 and 4 as noted above.
6. Ministerial Statement: The Minister for Health and Community Care made a statement on the NHS in Scotland.
7. Lothian and Borders Police: The Parliament debated S1M-451 in the name of Mr Kenny MacAskillThat the Parliament, recognising the additional burden placed on Lothian and Borders Police by the arrival of the Parliament and the security and public safety implications thereof, notes that in London additional resources are made available to the Metropolitan Police; seeks that due cognisance be given of this situation; and recognises the importance of ensuring that sufficient and adequate resources are made available to the Lothian and Borders Police to meet the additional requirements facing them.
The meeting closed at 6.08 pm.
P E Grice
(Note: this Appendix does not form part of the Minutes)
The following instruments were laid before the Parliament on 17 March 2000 and are subject to annulment
Not subject to any Parliamentary procedure
The following instrument was laid before the Parliament on 17 March 2000 and is not subject to any Parliamentary procedure
The following document was laid before the Parliament on 22 March 2000 and is not subject to any Parliamentary procedure
The following Report was published on 20 March 2000