Back to the Scottish Parliament Business Bulletin No. 129/2008: Tuesday 16 September 2008
Archive Home

Business Bulletin 1999-2011

Minutes of Proceedings 1999-2011

Journal of Parliamentary Proceedings Sessions 1 & 2

Committees Sessions 1, 2 & 3

Annual reports

Contents An A B C D E F G H I J

Section E – Written questions lodged on 15 September 2008

Questions marked with a triangle (Δ) are initiated by the Scottish Executive in order to facilitate the provision of information to the Parliament.

Questions in which a member has indicated a declarable interest are marked with an "R".

S3W-16279 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the answer to question S3W-15604 by Nicola Sturgeon on 5 September 2008, whether the Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) Task Force reports annually to the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing setting out progress against the targets contained in the HAI delivery plans and, if so, whether these reports are published.

S3W-16280 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive whether the Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) Task Force has developed an HAI monitoring framework with key performance indicators and, if so, when it was implemented.

S3W-16281 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive how the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing monitors progress in relation to the Healthcare Associated Infection Task Force delivery plan.

S3W-16282 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive when the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing expects to receive advice from the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service in relation to any action to be taken following the outbreak of Clostridium difficile at the Vale of Leven Hospital.

S3W-16283 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive whether the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing will discuss with the families involved in the C.diff Justice Group the chairing and remit of any public inquiry on the outbreak of Clostridium difficile at the Vale of Leven Hospital.

S3W-16284 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it will outline the specific responsibilities of the "bug busters" teams that are to inspect hospitals for cleanliness, as reported in Scotland on Sunday on 14 September 2008.

S3W-16285 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive to whom the "bug busters" teams that are to inspect hospitals for cleanliness, as reported in Scotland on Sunday on 14 September 2008, will report.

S3W-16286 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive when the "bug busters" teams that are to inspect hospitals for cleanliness, as reported in Scotland on Sunday on 14 September 2008, will be operational.

S3W-16287 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive what the "bug busters" teams that are to inspect hospitals for cleanliness, as reported in Scotland on Sunday on 14 September 2008, will monitor.

S3W-16288 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive whether the "bug busters" teams that are to inspect hospitals for cleanliness, as reported in Scotland on Sunday on 14 September 2008, will be independent of the Scottish Government.

S3W-16289 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive what the frequency of inspections will be by the "bug busters" teams that are to inspect hospitals for cleanliness, as reported in Scotland on Sunday on 14 September 2008.

S3W-16290 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive whether the "bug busters" teams that are to inspect hospitals for cleanliness, as reported in Scotland on Sunday on 14 September 2008, will monitor the implementation of all healthcare associated infection standards in hospitals.

S3W-16291 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive how the "bug busters" teams that are to inspect hospitals for cleanliness, as reported in Scotland on Sunday on 14 September 2008, will interface with the current self assessment of healthcare associated infection standards by NHS boards.

S3W-16292 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive when the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Wellbeing intends to announce to the Parliament that she is establishing "bug busters" teams that are to inspect hospitals for cleanliness, as reported in Scotland on Sunday on 14 September 2008.

S3W-16293 Jackie Baillie: To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the answer to question S3W-15497 by Nicola Sturgeon on 3 September 2008, whether it considers that the nine full ward terminal cleans carried out at Vale of Leven Hospital between 21 December 2007 and 25 April 2008 were for Clostridium difficile rather than norovirus outbreaks, based on the evidence which has since come to light.

S3W-16294 Ross Finnie: To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the answers to questions S3W-13173 and S3W-13172 by Shona Robison on 3 June 2008, whether it anticipates that the Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service will continue to be a part of the current tender for the provision of nucleic acid testing of blood products for hepatitis C in England, Wales and Scotland.

S3W-16295 Ross Finnie: To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the answers to questions S3W-13172 and S3W-13173 by Shona Robison on 3 June 2008, whether the Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service intends to introduce a separate tender for the provision of nucleic acid testing of blood for hepatitis C and HIV to cover Scotland only.

S3W-16296 Ross Finnie: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it would refuse to accept provision of nucleic acid testing of blood from a provider offering a test for hepatitis C but not offering similar testing for HIV.

S3W-16297 Ross Finnie: To ask the Scottish Executive what discussions it has held with the Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service about future nucleic acid testing of blood products.

S3W-16298 Ross Finnie: To ask the Scottish Executive what involvement it had in the decision that Scotland would enter into the tender with England and Wales on nucleic acid testing for blood products.

S3W-16299 Ross Finnie: To ask the Scottish Executive what it anticipates would be the impact of any new nucleic acid blood testing system in the Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service (SNBTS) on current arrangements for SNBTS testing of blood products from Northern Ireland.

S3W-16300 Karen Whitefield: To ask the Scottish Executive what the remit is of the recently announced school estate working group.

S3W-16301 Karen Whitefield: To ask the Scottish Executive how often the recently announced school estate working group will meet.

S3W-16302 Karen Whitefield: To ask the Scottish Executive what the membership will be of the recently announced school estate working group.

S3W-16303 Karen Whitefield: To ask the Scottish Executive when the findings from the recently announced school estate working group are expected.

S3W-16304 Karen Whitefield: To ask the Scottish Executive whether the minutes of the meetings of the recently announced school estate working group will be made available to the public.

S3W-16305 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it considers the Chair of the Scottish Futures Trust company to have any conflicts of interest in respect of this role.

S3W-16306 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive what precautions it takes to ensure that appointees to Scottish Government bodies avoid conflicts of interest and publicly disclose recordable interests.

S3W-16307 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it will list all meetings that its ministers and officials have had with the Chair of the Scottish Futures Trust company since May 2007, showing the (a) purpose and (b) location of each meeting.

S3W-16308 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it will detail the remuneration of each individual appointed to each non-departmental public body and agency since May 2007.

S3W-16309 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the answer to question S3W-13676 by John Swinney on 9 June 2008, what projections it has made of the cost of borrowing (a) £10,000, (b) £100,000, (c) £1 million, (d) £10 million and (e) £1 billion through a bond issue.

S3W-16310 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the answer to question S3W-13676 by John Swinney on 9 June 2008, what projections it has made of the cost of borrowing (a) £10,000, (b) £100,000, (c) £1 million, (d) £10 million and (e) £1 billion in six months’ time through a bond issue.

S3W-16311 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the answer to question S3W-13380 by John Swinney on 3 June 2008, what the underspend or overspend was for each directorate for the financial year 2007-08.

S3W-16312 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive whether it can confirm that the Race Equality Integration and Community Support Fund preceded the Race, Religion and Refugee Integration Grant Scheme.

S3W-16313 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive when the Race, Religion and Refugee Integration Grant Scheme was established and which group was the first beneficiary of funding.

S3W-16314 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive where on the Scottish Government website members of the public can find information about the Race, Religion and Refuge Integration Grant Scheme.

S3W-16315 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive where the Race, Religion and Refugee Integration Grant Scheme is advertised to the public and at what cost.

S3W-16316 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive what the criteria are for applying to the Race, Religion and Refugee Integration Grant Scheme, with particular regard to mandatory requirements and exclusions.

S3W-16317 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive which organisations were allocated funding from the Race, Religion and Refugee Integration Grant Scheme and how much was awarded in each case.

S3W-16318 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive what the budget was for the Race, Religion and Refugee Integration Grant Scheme for 2007-08 and what the budget will be in each remaining year of the stream.

S3W-16319 George Foulkes: To ask the Scottish Executive what the differences are between the Race Equality Integration and Community Support Fund, the Race, Religion and Refugee Integration Funding Stream and the Race, Religion and Refugee Integration Grant Scheme.

Contents An A B C D E F G H I J