BB Home

Contents
B : Business Programme
C : Agendas of Committee Meetings
E : Written questions lodged
F : Motions and Amendments
G : Bills: Notices and Amendments
H : New Documents
K : Progress of Parliamentary Business

Business Bulletin No. 110 / 2004

Friday 25th June 2004

Section C : Agendas of Committee Meetings

  

Waverley Railway (Scotland) Bill Committee

28 June 2004

5th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.45 am in Committee Room 4

1. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 2 in private.

2. Approach to consideration of general principles: The Committee will consider it's approach to the consideration of the general principles of the Bill.

Audit Committee

29 June 2004

14th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 9.15 am in the Chamber, Assembly Hall, The Mound, Edinburgh

1. Items in private: The Committee will consider whether to take agenda items 2, 4 and 5 in private.

2. Management of the Holyrood building project: The Committee will consider a report by the Auditor General for Scotland entitled "Management of the Holyrood building project" (AGS/2004/7).

Not before 10.00 am-

3. Management of the Holyrood building project: The Committee will-

receive a briefing from the Auditor General for Scotland; and

take evidence from-

Mr Paul Grice, Clerk/Chief Executive, Scottish Parliament;

Mr Dave Ferguson, Audit Adviser, Scottish Parliament.

4. Management of the Holyrood building project: The Committee will consider its approach to the report by the Auditor General for Scotland entitled "Management of the Holyrood building project" (AGS/2004/7).

5. NHS Overview: The Committee will consider a draft report on its inquiry into the report by the Auditor General for Scotland entitled "Overview of the NHS in Scotland" (AGS/2003/12).

Public Petitions Committee

29 June 2004

12th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 9.30 am in Committee Room 1

1. New Petitions: The Committee will consider the following new petitions-

PE747 Standardise school holidays across all local authorities in Scotland throughout the year. John Macleod will make a brief statement in support of his petition.

PE748 Retain the Livestock Improvement Scheme. Netta MacKenzie will make a brief statement in support of her petition, accompanied by William Morrison, North Country Cheviot Sheep Society.

PE752 Enact legislation to define pornographic material as incitement to sexual hatred.

PE755 Review guidance to local authorities on planning proposals to ensure adequate consultation.

PE756 Review the provision of maternity services for Scotland's island and rural communities.

PE757 Inquiry into the management and structure of Scottish Football.

2. Current Petitions: The Committee will further consider the following current petitions-

PE486 Projects to help sex offenders avoid re-offending. The Committee will consider a response from the Scottish Executive.

PE535 Inquiry into past institutional child abuse. The Committee will consider possible forms of action.

PE628 Display and storage of Scottish archives. The Committee will consider a response from the Scottish Executive.

PE680 Disband the Scottish Environment Protection Agency Main Board. The Committee will consider a response from the petitioners.

PE699 Review sportscotland policy. The Committee will consider responses from sportscotland and the petitioners.

PE709 Inquiry into the health aspects of Gulf War Syndrome. The Committee will consider possible forms of action.

3. Proposed Petitions: The Committee will consider the admissibility of the following proposed petitions-

Proposed petition by Mr James Duff calling for an inquiry into compliance with statutory requirements regarding sequestration and heritable property vested in trustees.

Proposed petition by Mr Stuart Usher, Co-ordinator, Scotland Against Crooked Lawyers, calling for the disbandment of the Justice 1 Committee and the creation of a new committee.

Subordinate Legislation Committee

29 June 2004

23rd Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.15 am in Committee Room 3

1. Executive responses: The Committee will consider the responses from the Scottish Executive to points raised on the following-

the Assynt-Coigach Area Protection Order 2004, (SSI 2004/260);

the Civil Legal Aid (Scotland) (Fees) Amendment Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/281);

the National Health Service (Transfer of Property between Health Boards) (Scotland) (No.2) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/285);

the Environmental Protection (Restriction on Use of Lead Shot) (Scotland) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/289); and

the National Health Service (Vocational Training for General Dental Practice) (Scotland) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/292).

2. Instruments subject to approval: The Committee will consider the following-

the Food Protection (Emergency Prohibitions) (Diarrhetic Shellfish Poisoning) (East Coast) (Scotland) Order 2004, (SSI 2004/298).

3. Instruments subject to annulment: The Committee will consider the following-

the Education Maintenance Allowances (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/301).

Standards Committee

29 June 2004

10th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 11.00 am in Committee Room 2

1. Cross-Party Groups: The Committee will consider applications to establish a Cross-Party Group on Loss of Consultant Led Services in Scotland - Solutions and a Cross-Party Group on Funerals and Bereavement.

2. Replacing the Members' Interests Order: The Committee will consider a paper on election expenses and a draft consultation paper.

3. Complaint against Kenny MacAskill MSP and Tricia Marwick MSP: The Committee will announce its decision at Stage 3 on a report from the Scottish Parliamentary Standards Commissioner.

Health Committee

29 June 2004

18th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 2.00 pm in Committee Room 1

1. Breastfeeding etc. (Scotland) Bill (in private): The Committee will consider a draft Stage 1 report.

2. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instruments-

the Food Labelling Amendment (Scotland) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/269);

the National Health Service (Borrowing and Loans from Endowments) (Scotland) (No. 2) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/284);

the National Health Service (Transfer of Property between Health Boards) (Scotland) (No. 2) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/285);

the Mental Health Tribunal for Scotland (Appointment of Legal Members) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/286);

the National Health Service (Vocational Training for General Dental Practice) (Scotland) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/292); and

the Regulation of Care (Scotland) Act 2001 (Transitional Provisions) Amendment Order 2004, (SSI 2004/293).

3. Petitions: The Committee will consider the following petitions-

PE 452 and PE 538 by Mr James Mackie on Autism Spectrum Disorder;

PE 577 by Mr Steve Law on Autism Spectrum Disorder;

PE 475 by Ms Cecilia Yardley, Speakability on Aphasia;

PE 502 by Ms Fiona Stewart, RNID Scotland on Digital Hearing Aids;

PE 537 by Mr Alexander Mitchell on Mental Welfare (Complaints Procedure);

PE 609 by Mrs Grainne Smith on Eating Disorders (Treatment);

PE 643 by Dorothy-Grace Elder on Hospital Closure Consultation; and

PE 707 by Professor D Young on Maternity Services.

Not before 3.10 pm

4. Prohibition of Smoking in Regulated Areas (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence from-

Panel 1

Dr Nancy Miller, Assistant Commissioner, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Bureau of Tobacco Control;

Panel 2

Tom McCabe MSP, Deputy Minister for Health and Community Care

Dr Mac Armstrong, Chief Medical Officer

Amber Galbraith, Principal Procurator Fiscal Depute, Crown Office; and

Panel 3

Stewart Maxwell MSP

David Cullum, Non-Executive Bills Unit

Catherine Scott, Directorate of Legal Services.

Justice 2 Committee

29 June 2004

23rd Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 2.00 pm in Committee Room 3

1. Items in private: The Committee will consider whether to take items 4 and 5 in private.

2. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instruments-

The Police (Scotland) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/257);

The Advice and Assistance (Scotland) Amendment (No.2) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/262);

The Criminal Legal Aid (Fixed Payments) (Scotland) Amendment (No.3) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/263);

The Criminal Legal Aid (Fees) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/264);

The Civil Legal Aid (Scotland) (Fees) Amendment Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/281); and

The Criminal Legal Aid (Scotland) (Fees) Amendment Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/282).

3. Convener's Correspondence: The Committee will consider correspondence from Mrs Gina Riva.

4. Fire (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider its approach to the Bill.

5. Youth Justice Inquiry: The Committee will consider the appointment of an adviser.

Local Government and Transport Committee

29 June 2004

17th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 2.00 pm in Committee Room 2

1. Items in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 4 in private.

2. Inquiry into issues arising from the Transport (Scotland) Act 2001: The Committee will take evidence from-

Jamie Ross, Head of Transport Division 2, Scottish Executive;

Tom Macdonald, Head of Bus Policy Branch, Transport Division 2, Scottish Executive;

Councillor Alison Magee, Transport Spokesperson, COSLA;

Leslie Millar, Transport Manager, Angus Council, COSLA;

James Fowlie, Policy Manager, COSLA; and

Iain Sherriff, Head of Transportation, Dundee City Council, SCOTS.

3. Petition PE568: The Committee will consider a paper on PE 568 by Douglas Gilroy on the provision of accessible taxis.

4. Rail Industry in Scotland: The Committee will consider a draft report.

The Edinburgh Tram (Line Two) Bill Committee

29 June 2004

1st Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 3.30 pm in Committee Room 4

1. Declaration of interests: Members will be invited to declare any relevant interests.

2. Choice of Convener: The Committee will choose a Convener.

3. Choice of Deputy Convener: The Committee will choose a Deputy Convener.

4. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to take items 5, 6 and 7 in private.

5. Preliminary Stage: The Committee will consider a paper on the background to the Bill, appointment of an adviser and meeting schedule.

6. Approach to consideration of accompanying documents: The Committee will consider its approach to the consideration of the accompanying documents to the Bill.

7. Approach to consideration of accompanying documents: The Committee will consider a paper on the adequacy of the Environmental Statement and its subsequent approach.

 

Top