BB Home

Contents
A : Daily Business List
B : Business Programme
C : Agendas of Committee Meetings
E : Written questions lodged
F : Motions and Amendments
G : Bills: Notices and Amendments
H : New Documents
J : Parliamentary Bureau: Note of Decisions
K : Progress of Parliamentary Business

Business Bulletin No. 97 / 2004

Tuesday 8th June 2004

Section C : Agendas of Committee Meetings

  

Education Committee

9 June 2004

16th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 9.45 am in Committee Room 3

1. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 4 in private.

2. School curriculum: The Committee will take evidence from-

Mike Baughan, OBE, Chief Executive, Learning and Teaching Scotland; and

Keir Bloomer, Vice Chair, Learning and Teaching Scotland.

3. School closures: The Committee will consider the evidence given by the Minister at its previous meeting.

4. School Education (Ministerial Powers and Independent Schools) (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider a draft Stage 1 report.

Environment and Rural Development Committee

9 June 2004

15th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in Committee Room 1

1. Petitions: The Committee will take evidence from Allan Wilson MSP, Deputy Minister for Environment and Rural Development, and Mrs Mary Mulligan MSP, Deputy Minister for Communities, in relation to the following petitions-

PE517 and PE645 on control of odours from waste water treatment works.

2. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instruments-

Framework Guidance on Preparing a National Park Plan, (SE/2004/98); and

the Horticultural Produce (Community Grading Rules) (Scotland) Revocation Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/245).

Justice 1 Committee

9 June 2004

23rd Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in the Hub, Castlehill, Edinburgh

1. Emergency Workers (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence from-

James Pinkerton, member of the Association of Directors of Social Work and Manager of the Emergency Social Work Service, the City of Edinburgh Council; Colin Mackenzie, Vice President of the Association of Directors of Social Work and Director of Housing and Social Work, Aberdeenshire Council; Ruth Stark, Professional Officer, British Association of Social Workers;

David Melrose, Chair, John Speed, National Officer, and Alan Golightly, National Officer, Prison Officers Association Scotland; Andy Hogg, Secretary, SPS Trade Union Side; and

Andy Kerr MSP, Minister for Finance and Public Services, Gery McLaughlin, Bill team leader, Criminal Justice Division, and David Cassidy, Legal Officer, Legal and Parliamentary Services, the Scottish Executive.

2. Justice and home affairs in Europe: The Committee will consider its ongoing scrutiny in relation to justice and home affairs in Europe.

3. Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002: The Committee will consider a draft response to the Scottish Executive consultation on charging fees under the Act.

Public Petitions Committee

9 June 2004

10th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in Committee Room 2

1. Items in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 4 in private.

2. New Petitions: The Committee will consider the following new petitions-

PE726 Appointment of an independent body for the regulation and training of Returning Officers for local government elections and a complaints procedure on their conduct. William Perrie will make a brief statement in support of his petition accompanied by Councillor Bill Martin and Councillor Derek Mackay.

PE740 Proposed amendment to the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997. Councillor Roderick A J Wallace will make a brief statement in support of the petition accompanied by Councillor Fiona Grant and David Barrie.

PE743 Provision of services for adults with learning difficulties living at home and cared for by elderly parents. Madge Clark will make a brief statement in support of her petition accompanied by Jeanette Kelly.

PE744 Initiating legislation reintroducing a Juvenile Court System to deal with 16 year olds and younger who persistently commit crime in communities.

PE746 To consider the appropriateness and consequences of inviting the band of the Chinese People's Liberation Army to perform at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

3. Current Petitions: The Committee will further consider the following current petitions-

PE500 Surplus from the Scottish Transport Group Pension Funds. The Committee will consider responses from the Scottish Executive and the Inland Revenue in relation to the issues raised.

PE609 Specialist treatment of eating disorders in Scotland. The Committee will consider responses from the Health Minister and Dr Harry Millar from the Aberdeen Eating Disorder Unit in relation to the issues raised.

PE674 Funding of services for motor neurone disease sufferers. The Committee will consider a response from the petitioners in relation to the issues raised.

PE703 Improving the accountability of Historic Scotland. The Committee will consider a response from the Scottish Executive in relation to the issues raised.

PE705 Addressing the problem of street prostitution in residential areas. The Committee will consider responses from the Scottish Executive and Lothian and Borders Police in relation to the issues raised.

PE710 Planning applications in areas of historical and cultural significance. The Committee will consider a response from the Scottish Executive in relation to the issues raised.

PE713 Guidance in the consideration of public petitions by public bodies. The Committee will consider a response from the Scottish Executive in relation to the issues raised.

PE731 Declaration of Freemason membership by the Judiciary. The Committee will consider a response from the Justice 2 Committee in relation to the issues raised.

4. Unauthorised disclosure of private Committee briefings: The Committee will consider a paper from the Clerk.

Communities Committee

9 June 2004

22nd Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.30 am in the Chamber, Assembly Hall, The Mound, Edinburgh

1. Charity law: The Committee will take oral evidence from-

Richard Arnott, Quentin Fisher, Philippa Bonella and Sian Ledger, Charity Law Team and Catriona Hardman, Office of the Solicitor to the Scottish Executive (OSSE), Scottish Executive.

2. Subordinate legislation: Mrs Mary Mulligan MSP, Deputy Minister for Communities, to move the following motion-

S2M-1401 Ms Margaret Curran: The Draft Scotland Act 1998 (Transfer of Functions to the Scottish Ministers etc.) Order 2004-That the Communities Committee recommends that the draft Scotland Act 1998 (Transfer of Functions to the Scottish Ministers etc.) Order 2004 be approved.

Stirling-Alloa-Kincardine Railway and Linked Improvements Bill Committee

9 June 2004

11th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 12.45 pm in Committee Room 2

1. Stirling-Alloa-Kincardine Railway and Linked Improvements Bill: The Committee will consider the Bill at Consideration Stage (Day 1).

 

Top