BB Home

Contents
B: Business Programme
C: Committee Agendas
E: Written questions
F: Motions and Amendments
G: Bills
H: New Documents
K: Progress of Parliamentary business

Business Bulletin No. 149/2003

Friday 7 November 2003

Section C : Agendas of Committee Meetings

  

Stirling-Alloa-Kincardine Railway and Linked Improvements Bill Committee

10 November 2003

4th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 11.15 am in Alloa Town Hall, Alloa

1. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 3 in private and whether to consider a draft report on the Bill at Preliminary Stage in private.

2. Stirling-Alloa-Kincardine Railway and Linked Improvements Bill: The Committee will take evidence on the Bill at Preliminary Stage from –

David Connolly, MVA, Deputy Director Scotland and Northern Ireland

Keir Bloomer, Chief Executive, Clackmannanshire Council

Nicol Stephen MSP, Minister for Transport, Scottish Executive

Damian Sharp, Scottish Executive Transport Division

Graham Bisset

John Dick, Kincardine Railway Concern Group

Isabel Marshall, Kincardine Railway Concern Group

Nigel Hackett, Associate, Scott Wilson Scotland Ltd

Jim Miller, Associate, Ironside Farrar

Stuart Coventry, Director, Scott Wilson Ltd

Mike Shepherd, Area Officer Tayside & Clackmannanshire, Scottish Natural

Heritage

Alan Bell, Area Officer Argyll & Stirling, Scottish Natural Heritage

David Leven, Special Projects Manager, Historic Scotland

Lily Linge, Strategic Planning Manager, Historic Scotland

John Barber, Senior Consultant, AOC Archaeology Group

Sue Bell, Senior Ecologist, Scott Wilson Ltd

Calum Waddell, Environment Protection Officer, Scottish Environment

Protection Agency

Sean Caswell, Planning Liaison, Scottish Environment Protection Agency

Andy Wilson, Asset Planner, Scottish Water

Chris Manning, Project Director, ARUP

Ali Maneylaws, Senior Consultant, Scott Wilson Ltd

Paul Shields, Senior Consultant, Scott Wilson Ltd

Alex Deans, Principal Transportation Planner, Clackmannanshire Council.

3. Stirling-Alloa-Kincardine Railway and Linked Improvements Bill: The Committee will consider the possible contents of its Preliminary Stage report on the Bill.

Finance Committee

10 November 2003

12th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 11.30 am in Civic Centre, Motherwell

1. Budget process 2004-05: The Committee will consider the outcome of the workshop sessions involving local organisations held before the start of the meeting.

Not before 2.00 pm

2. Budget process 2004-05: The Committee will take evidence from—

Tavish Scott MSP, Deputy Minister for Finance and Public Services

Richard Dennis and Richard Wilkins, Finance and Central Services Department, Scottish Executive.

3. The Budget (Scotland) Act 2003 Amendment (No. 2) Order 2003 (SSI 2003/draft): The Committee will debate motion S2M-533, in the name of Andy Kerr MSP, Minister for Finance and Public Services, to approve the draft order.

Audit Committee

11 November 2003

7th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 9.30 am in the Chamber, Assembly Hall, The Mound, Edinburgh

1. Inquiry into the Auditor General for Scotland (AGS) Report on the Scottish Further Education Funding Council (SFEFC) (AGS/2003/7) (in private): The Committee will consider lines of questioning for the witnesses at agenda item 6.

2. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to hold agenda item 7 in private.

3. Dealing with Offending by Young People (AGS/2003/8): The Committee will consider a briefing on the joint report by the Accounts Commission (AC) and the AGS entitled ‘Dealing with Offending by Young People: A Follow Up Report’.

4. Joint Reports by the Accounts Commission and the AGS: The Committee will consider a paper on its consideration of joint reports.

5. Visits to other legislatures: The Committee will consider a proposed submission to the Conveners’ Group seeking approval for members of the Audit Committee to undertake visits to the Public Accounts Committee of the House of Commons, the Audit Committee of the National Assembly of Wales and the Public Accounts Committee of the Northern Ireland Assembly.

6. Inquiry into the AGS Report on the SFEFC (AGS/2003/7): The Committee will take evidence from –

SFEFC: Mr Roger McClure, Chief Executive, Mr David Wann, Director of Corporate Policy and Services and Deputy Chief Executive, Mr Liam McCabe, Director of Governance and Management Appraisal and Policy; HMIE: Mr Graham Donaldson, HM Senior Chief Inspector, Dr Wray Bodys, HM Chief Inspector.

7. Dealing with Offending by Young People (AGS/2003/8): The Committee will consider its approach to the joint report by the AC and AGS entitled ‘Dealing with Offending by Young People: A Follow Up Report’.

Equal Opportunities Committee

11 November 2003

7th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in Committee Room 2

1. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 3 in private.

2. Civil partnership registration: The Committee will hear evidence from:

Hugh Henry MSP, Deputy Minister for Justice.

3. Civil partnership registration: The Committee will consider the evidence received to date.

Finance Committee

11 November 2003

13th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in Committee Room 1

1. Nature Conservation (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence on the Bill’s Financial Memorandum from—

Jeff Watson, Director of Strategy and Operations (North) and Alan Hampson, National Strategy Officer, Scottish Natural Heritage.

Alan Stewart, Wildlife and Environment Officer, Tayside Police.

Jane Dalgleish, Head of Wildlife and Habitats Unit; David Reid, Head of Development and Rural Affairs Finance Division and Duncan Isles, Nature Conservation Bill Team Manager, Scottish Executive.

The Committee will discuss the evidence it has taken in advance of its report to the Environment and Rural Development Committee.

2. Criminal Procedure (Amendment) (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence on the Bill’s Financial Memorandum from—

Wilma Dickson, Head of Criminal Procedure Division; Tom Fyffe, Bill Team Member and Sharon Grant, Community Justice Services, Scottish Executive.

The Committee will discuss the evidence it has taken in advance of its report to the Justice 1 Committee.

3. Budget process 2004-05: The Committee will consider subject committees’ Stage Two reports on the Draft Budget.

4. Reporters' Reports: The Committee will consider a remit for its reporters’ investigation into the Scottish Executive’s relocation policy and its reporters’ investigation into Scottish Water.

5. Items in private: The Committee will decide whether to consider its draft report on the Financial Memorandum of the Criminal Procedure (Amendment) (Scotland) Bill and of the Nature Conservation (Scotland) Bill in private at its next meeting.

Subordinate Legislation Committee

11 November 2003

12th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 10.30 am in Committee Room 3

1. Delegated powers scrutiny: The Committee will consider the delegated powers provisions in the following Bill—

the Nature Conservation (Scotland) Bill at Stage 1.

2. Executive responses: The Committee will consider responses from the Scottish Executive to points raised on the following—

the Scottish Legal Aid Board (Employment of Solicitors to Provide Criminal Legal Assistance) Amendment Regulations 2003, (SSI 2003/511).

3. Instruments subject to approval: The Committee will consider the following—

the Nitrate Vulnerable Zones (Grants) (Scotland) Amendment Scheme 2003, (SSI 2002/518)

the Mink Keeping (Scotland) Order 2003, (SSI 2003/528).

4. Instruments subject to annulment: The Committee will consider the following—

the National Health Service Superannuation Scheme (Scotland) Amendment (No.3) Regulations 2003, (SSI 2003/517)

the Victim Statements (Prescribed Offences) (Scotland) Amendment Order 2003, (SSI 2003/519)

the Specified Sugar Products (Scotland) Regulations 2003, (SSI 2003/527).

5. Instruments not laid before the Parliament: The Committee will consider the following—

the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000 (Commencement No.5) Order 2003, (SSI 2003/516)

the Lands Tribunal for Scotland Amendment (Fees) Rules 2003, (SSI 2003/521).

Health Committee

11 November 2003

12th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 2.00 pm in Committee Room 3

1. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 4 in private.

2. Subordinate legislation: Tom McCabe MSP (Deputy Minister for Health and Community Care) to move motion S2M-550—

that the Health Committee recommends that the Draft Food Protection (Emergency Prohibitions) (Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning) (Orkney) (No.4) (Scotland) Order 2003 (SSI 2003/501) be approved.

3. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instruments—

the National Health Service (Travelling Expenses and Remission of Charges) (Scotland) (No.2) Regulations 2003, (SSI 2003/460)

the Collagen and Gelatine (Intra-Community Trade) (Scotland) Revocation Regulations 2003, (SSI 2003/466)

the Feeding Stuffs (Scotland) Amendment (No.3) Regulations 2003, (SSI 2003/474).

4. Work programme: The Committee will consider a paper from the Clerk on possible topics for future work.

Justice 2 Committee

11 November 2003

14th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 2.00 pm in Committee Room 4

1. Antisocial Behaviour etc. (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider its approach to the bill.

2. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instruments—

The Civil Legal Aid (Scotland) Amendment (No.2) Regulations 2003 (SSI 2003/486);

The Scottish Legal Aid Board (Employment of Solicitors to Provide Criminal Legal Assistance) Amendment Regulations 2003 (SSI 2003/511).

3. Proposed youth justice inquiry: The Committee will consider a paper.

4. Vulnerable Witnesses (Scotland) Bill (in private): The Committee will consider a draft Stage 1 report.

Local Government and Transport Committee

11 November 2003

8th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 2.00 pm in Committee Room 2

1. Scottish Road Maintenance Condition Survey: The Committee will take evidence from—

Jim Valentine, Head of Roads, Perth and Kinross Council

Sandy Ritchie, Head of Direct Services, Moray Council.

2. Antisocial Behaviour etc. (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence at Stage 1 from the following witnesses—

Phil Walker, Head of Community Services, Glasgow City Council

Matt Forde, Principal Officer, Youth Justice, Glasgow City Council

Councillor Garry Coutts, Highland Council

Cath King, Health Improvement and Community Safety Officer, Highland Council

David Goldie, Head of Housing Strategy, Highland Council

Matt Costello, Principal Investigator, Anti Social Task Force, North Lanarkshire Council.

Environment and Rural Development Committee

12 November 2003

11th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 9.30 am in the Chamber, Assembly Hall, The Mound, Edinburgh

1. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following affirmative instrument—–

the Agricultural Holdings (Consequential Amendments) (Scotland) Order 2003, draft.

Allan Wilson MSP (Deputy Minister for Environment and Rural Development) to move S2M-454 in the name of Ross Finnie MSP—That the Environment and Rural Development Committee recommends that the draft Agricultural Holdings (Consequential Amendments) (Scotland) Order 2003 be approved.

2. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instruments—

the Horticultural Produce (Community Grading Rules) (Scotland) Regulations 2003, (SSI 2003/502)

the Inshore Fishing (Prohibition of Fishing and Fishing Methods) (Scotland) Amendment (No.2) Order 2003, (SSI 2003/514).

3. Mainstreaming equality: The Committee will consider recommendations from the Equal Opportunities Committee.

4. Nature Conservation (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence at Stage 1 from—

Lloyd Austin, Lisa Schneidau and Jonathan Hughes, Scottish Environment LINK

Professor Roger Crofts

Professor John McManus

Professor Charles Gimingham

Dr Bob McIntosh, Director, Forestry Commission Scotland

Nick Reiter, Director, Deer Commission for Scotland

Professor Donald Davidson, Chairman, Advisory Committee on Sites of Special Scientific Interest.

5. National Waste Plan inquiry (in private): The Committee will consider a draft report.

 

Top