Business Bulletin No. 39/2003
Thursday 27 February 2003
Section C : Agendas of Committee Meetings
4 March 2003
4th Meeting, 2003
The Committee will meet at 2.00 pm in Committee Room 2
2. The Greek Presidency of the EU and the priorities of the Scottish Executive: The Committee will hear from
Peter Peacock MSP, Deputy Minister for Finance and Central Services.
3. The Future of Europe: The Committee will consider the response of the Scottish Executive to its 6th Report, 2002.
4. Pre- and Post-European Council, Council of the EU, Joint Ministerial Committee and MINECOR Scrutiny: The Committee will consider the following agendas and briefings submitted by the Scottish Executive
General Affairs and External Relations Council, 18-19 March
Transport, Telecommunications and Energy Council, 27-28 March
Agriculture and Fisheries Council, 17-18 March
Education, Youth and Culture Council, 6 February
Agriculture and Fisheries Council, 27-28 January
5. Convener's report: The Convener will update the Committee on the
Informal meeting held with Mr Denis McShane MP, UK Minister for Europe, 14 February
Informal meeting held with Rt. Hon Peter Hain MP, UK Secretary of State for Wales and UK Government Representative on the European Convention, 20 February
Proposals to establish a Scottish Human Rights Commission
6. Sift of EC/EU documents: The Committee will consider the list of EC/EU documents received for this meeting.
7. Europe's Employment Strategy and Corporate Social Responsibility: an Inquiry into the Scottish Model: The Committee will consider a draft report.
8. Annual report: The Committee will consider a draft of its annual report.